Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Sweetie, get a package of pectin and follow the recipe -- it's what I
> do. Ball Fruit Jell is cheaper than Sure Jell if you can find it. did
> I ever mention that my blackberry "stuff" is made from commercially
> frozen berries? I use about 4 packages (12-16 ounces each?) and thaw
> them. Drain the juice and use it for jelly; use the berries for jam.
> I recommend that, otherwise you will use one helluva lot of blackberries
> in order to get a decent amount of juice.

There are plenty more berries where those 3 quarts came from. Plus I
found another prolific patch yesterday that cries out for picking.
Unfortunately, mean people with chainsaws decimated the patch at the end
of the street.

> IIR, if you use a LIQUID PECTIN recipe for making jelly, they usually
> call for two pouches (the full box) of pectin (Ball makes one of those,
> too; Certo is more commonly found). If your supply of blackberry juice
> is slim, it's easy to make only half a recipe, using one pouch of liquid
> pectin. BTDT.

Thank you for your wisdom. I'll see if Fred Meyer has the appropriate
provisions. I have to take SO's mom's laundry to her tonight or
tomorrow morning, and Fred's more-or-less on the way there.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me