crymad

Space Cowboy wrote:
> How many people want me to **** them off? Okay if you ask for
> it. Boiling water is for your health. IMHO anecdotal
> experience I don't think water temperature is that much of a
> variable when making tea. You allow me to taste your desired
> result I'll use boiling water and come pretty close. You can
> check my posts from the past. At some point the kettle will
> cool to 160.

I meant brewing Sencha using boiling water, not water that has
boiled and cooled to 160. If indeed, as you say, "there is no
fundamental difference in taste no matter what method or how [one]
brews the tea", then water temperature shouldn't matter.

> You should really be making tea according to your taste and not
> some percentage formula based on differential rates of
> extraction. If you do use that formula you will have to boil
> your water. Also note this formula doesn't have a clue about
> what you mean by 'lovely'.

That's just my poetic way of saying the tongue is a finer
instrument for flavor analysis than any machine. Certainly you
agree with this.

--crymad