Dan Abel

Default OT- DIABETIC - typing while blind

In article <_9ZTb.171552$5V2.871203@attbi_s53>, Julia Altshuler
> wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > No, I understand that, Dan. My point was, how are they able to read
> > what we write, yet are unable to read their own typing unless it is
> > in caps.

Nancy has a good point, which I didn't understand at first. Still,
perhaps her typing in upper case does help her, and we're just missing the
rest of the story.

> This was my point as well. If you can learn to touch type, you can
> learn to touch type caps and lower case appropriately. If you can read
> answers with both, you can type with both and read what you've
> written. Software that helps people who have no vision or low vision
> exists and isn't that hard to find. Has anyone noticed that the

But can it be installed in a WebTV box? I doubt it.

> original poster dropped out long ago? I'd love to have the answers from
> the one person who can explain the mystery.

That's very true. We just don't know the story.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University