Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 21 Aug 2005 06:45:17a, graham wrote in rec.food.baking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Sun 21 Aug 2005 05:46:13a, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
>> rec.food.baking:
>>
>>> Hoges in WA wrote on 21 Aug 2005 in rec.food.baking

>>> OP probably uses Fryes Cocoa....which isn't dutch processed.
>>> To my tastes Dutch processed tastes less bitter.
>>>

>> Agreed, but some recipes may need to be adjusted because of the lower
>> acidity of Dutched cocoa.
>>

> Wayne, at some time or other I've used all of them and by the time you've
> added sugar, vanilla and perhaps coffee and buttermilk, it doesn't matter
> much which type you use.
> Graham

Certainly little if any difference as far as flavor is concerned, Graham.
However, I've read that recipes depending on the reaction of baking soda
and the acid in regular cocoa may not work as well with Dutched cocoa,
since the acid level is significantly reduced. I haven't experimented with
it, so I obviously don't know for sure.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-5, 08/20/2005
Tested on: 8/21/2005 6:54:45 AM