Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 20 Aug 2005 07:40:25p, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:

>>No offense, but... I

> Same with me Wayne,,,, it is just in those countries they have their
> peculiarities..... that its contrary to what we are used to.
>
> I am also very familiar with these cocoa flavored cakes and mixes
> which in myyounger days I plainly called as chocolate cakes but when
> I travelled to those down under countries they don't want to call
> those items as chocolate cakes but something else...say mudcake is
> one, and ..that is the commoon chocolate flavored cake in Australia..
> When ever I made a specimen of dark cocoa based cakes ... the people
> there immediately recognized is as .... mudcake,. NOT as chocolate
> cake.

Clearly, yes, there is a difference, though not to say that either is not
good. I'm not that familiar with Australian baking, but I quite familiar
with baking in the UK. The bottom line for me, for this post, was that the
OP is in WA, not AU or UK, and was specifically asking for a way to convert
his "vanilla cake" using cocoa.

Granted, the recipe the OP posted looked suspiciously like one from AU or UK,
given the SR flour and custard powder, but... There was that mention of
cocoa. :-)

Cheers!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-5, 08/20/2005
Tested on: 8/20/2005 9:34:38 PM