Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 20 Aug 2005 12:13:25p, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:

>>Sometimes one can be overly technical. :-) There are many good
>>"chocolate" cakes make only with cocoa powder.

> Wayne from the ordinary American way of thinking that may not be an
> issue , but from the Standards of Identity as mandated by a particular
> government rules IT IS NOT.
> In the same way that in those countries if you had not attended their
> bakery apprenticeship and did not pass their bakers qualification
> program you are NOT considered a qualified baker so you will never
> become a member of their bakers guild.
> North Americans may think it as odd....but if you had lived in those.
> Roy

No offense, but... I fully understand what you're saying, but I don't
think we're really looking at professional bakers in reference to the OP's
request. Nor do most home bakers care much about what the government
defines as a cake. I wasn't offering the recipe as one that meets any
government standards, regardless of which country.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-5, 08/20/2005
Tested on: 8/20/2005 6:16:22 PM