Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 20 Aug 2005 06:26:20a, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:

>>Hi. I would like to know how to convert a Vanilla Cake into a chocolate
>>cake but am not exactly sure

> Theortically its looks straight forward just llike how North Americans
> think; a chocolate cake is any cake that can contain either any thing
> that contains cocoa solids
> but
> It is not as simple as that in the country of OZ.... In Australian
> standards which is patterned from British baking, a chocolate cake
> should contain real chocolate in it.
> Any cake that contains a cocoa powder or even compounded chocolate is
> just called chocolate flavored cake.
> Roy

Sometimes one can be overly technical. :-) There are many good "chocolate"
cakes make only with cocoa powder.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-5, 08/20/2005
Tested on: 8/20/2005 7:51:07 AM