Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 19 Aug 2005 09:45:56p, Hoges in WA wrote in rec.food.baking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Fri 19 Aug 2005 07:37:15p, Hoges in WA wrote in rec.food.baking:
>>

> snipped
>
>> My suggestion would be to use a proper chocolate cake recipe that calls
>> for cocoa. I use a very good one from Hershey's that always brings
>> raves.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four, unless
>> there are three other people.
>>

>> ---
>> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>> Virus Database (VPS): 0533-4, 08/19/2005
>> Tested on: 8/19/2005 8:23:16 PM
>>

> Thanks for the advice.
>
> What's your recipe???
>
> Hoges in WA

This is a very old Hershey's recipe... Hope you like it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Hershey's "perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes Chocolate
Desserts

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Hershey's "perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate
Frosting

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in
large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer
2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into
prepared pans.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.

NOTES :
ONE-PAN CAKE: Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Heat oven to 350° F. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake
35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.

THREE LAYER CAKE: Grease and flour three 8-inch round
baking pans. Heat oven to 350°F. Pour batter into prepared
pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from
pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Hershey's "perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 stick butter or margarine -- (1/2 cup)
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Add small amount additional milk, if needed.
Stir in vanilla.

Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.

Stir in vanilla extract.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-4, 08/19/2005
Tested on: 8/19/2005 10:51:27 PM