Mike Avery

>Hi - do any experts have some guidelines on judging why bread didn't
>work out.
>
>I make bread & scones and sometimes they are perfect, sometimes too
>brittle, sometimes to chewy/doughy, sometimes too dense.
>
>I'm trying to figure out what went wrong and am looking for guidelines
>such as:
>
>if too brittle then you didn't add enough xxx ?
>if too dense then you added too much xxx ?
>if too doughy then you added too much/little xxx?
>etc...
>
>Is it possible to answer these questions or is this too simplistic an
>approach ?

I have a troubleshooting guide on my web site at
http://www.sourdoughhome.com/trouble.html that might help you with
yeasted loaves.

Mike

--
....The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating
system and Linus Torvaldis claims to be trying to take over the world...

Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
home baker ICQ 16241692
networking guru AIM mavery81230
wordsmith Yahoo mavery81230