PENMART01

Default Help: Beans in Chili Not Soft

(Mark Shaw) writes:

>Chili is proletarian enough that I have no problems just using
>canned beans.

Nothing wrong with canned beans... they're inexpensive and a great time
saver... and generally cooked far better than most folk's from scratch.

>Red kidney beans, and I dump the bean gravy in
>too -- near the end; they don't really need to cook.

If yer gonna dump the beans into a pot of chili there's no reason not to dump
in bean liquid too.

>This is not a popular dish with native Texans

Since when are there native Texans... other than for Native Americans, rejects
from Arkansas, and generational trailor trash everybody in Texas is an illegal
alien and/or a transient, just passing through.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon