j*ni

Default OT: Political Comment (Was OLD cast iron?)

I rarely comment on the political stuff, but I had to
ask about this:

Hark! I heard Michel Boucher > say:

<snip>

> My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important
> reason. It begins here because for a century-and-a-half
> now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and
> enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance
> has come an era of peace in the Pacific.
>
> George Bush, 18 Feb 2002, Tokyo

Did he *really* say "a century-and-a-half"?? Guess WWII
slipped his mind. Maybe he's sucking up so they'll forget
that 'banquet barf' incident...

--
j*ni m. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!