Dan Abel

Default OT- DIABETIC - typing while blind

In article >,
wrote:

> Julia Altshuler wrote:
> >
> > I've known a few blind people over the course of my life. Their typing
> > has been perfect including capitals, lower case, punctuation, the works.
> > Since a computer designed for the blind can make the typeface any
> > size, I don't understand how all caps could be easier. (I believe what
> > you say; I'm just trying to puzzle this out.)

> What I don't understand is, since we all type in capitals and lower
> case, if they can't read it, how are they reading anything we say?

I believe that the poster said that they were LEGALLY blind. This means
that they can see but not well enough. Typing in all caps might just make
the letters big enough for a person to read when they couldn't see the
lower case letters. In any case, the better solution would be just to
make ALL the letters bigger by increasing the font size. I don't know how
to do that in WEBtv, but one poster here claims that it can be done.

When a person can barely read something, it creates a lot of eyestrain.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University