PENMART01

Default Chocolate Coating for Graham Crackers

>"Dee Randall" writes:
>
>My mom in 1940 used to coat/frost regular boxed graham crackers with
>chocolate which hardened enough to eat without coating our hands. It was
>thin, but not brittle. I have occasionally, but seldom, seen these in
>"Borders" at the coffee counter.
>
>I would like to make something similar, but don't want to put a packaged
>frothy frosting or a "boiled to a certain degree candy-like" fudge on top.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas about this or remember their mom doing the same
>and have a suggestion?

Try with a schmear of PB.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...racker,FF.html

CHOCOLATE COVERED GRAHAM CRACKERS
from COOKS.COM

Graham crackers1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips1 c. milk chocolate chipsParaffin
Melt semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips over hot but not boiling water. Add a
little paraffin to thin slightly. Dip graham crackers in mixture, completely
coating (don't let them get soggy). Remove and place on wax paper. Let cool
until coating sets.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon