Anny Middon

"clc" > wrote in message
>I made my second batch of pepper jelly a week or so ago and took a jar to a
>party over the weekend and it doesn't appear to be setting up. This was
>the first time I've used the liquid pectin, and only the second time I've
>tried making jelly. I used just a bit over 2 cups of peppers in this
>recipe and 1 pouch of the pectin - was this correct? Do you think over
>time the jelly will set up, or is it a lost cause? I've kinda looked
>around a possibly trying to "redo" the jelly, but can't imagine adding any
>more sugar - the taste right now is perfect.
>
> Any ideas/recommendations?

Well, you could take the easy route and decide that what you've go is not a
jelly but a wonderful Pepper Sauce. It could be a green version (I'm
assuming it's green) of that sweet Thai chile sauce, which I find wonderful
on chicken or in a marinade for beef. I think some turkey meatballs
simmered in your pepper sacue would make a killer appetizer -- in fact it
sounds so good to me that I'm thinking of trying it for our block party next
month.

Anny