Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Terry Pulliam
Burd > wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:38:22 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Here's what I'll haul to the Fairgrounds on Monday for
> >exhibit/competition at the Great Minnesota Get-Together:

> <snip>
>
> <Clap!><Clap!><Clap!> Impressive list, girlie. Where you find the time
> and energy to do all this is beyond me. Where you find the talent,
> however, isn't <g>
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

> To reply, replace "spaminator" with "cox"

Aw, shucks. I blush for embarrassing. Forgot to tell you yet another
fun thing come my way: I was asked to donate a jar of my prize-winning
bread and butter pickles for a State Fair Foundation fundraising
shootin' match this Thursday evening. Rob's response was akin to: "Quit
giving my pickles away." :-0) I told him to come with me to the thing
and buy them -- or at least be a shill to drive the price up. I think
he's going to do it. It'd be pretty damned embarrassing if they didn't
fetch $5.

Time? I can make a batch of jelly in a half hour. Bread and butter
pickles take a few hours but don't require watching. Jam can be done in
about 45 minutes. I mostly like to work at night. Nobody botherin' me.
Talent? Thanks. For this Edible Twin Cities thing coming up, I was
asked how I come up with some of my combination things. Well, there are
certain fruits that go nicely together: Strawberries and bananas.
Peaches and raspberries. Peaches and oranges. Raspberries and oranges.
Mangoes and the red berries. Blueberries and red berries. If those
work, I can probably figure out how to make them spreadable and put them
in a jar. :-) I don't usually make more than one batch of stuff.
And I like to look at others' combinations in the yuppie goormet shops
for inspiration, too. How about horseradish and strawberries? OH, I'M
KIDDING!!
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 8/3/05 New York-Vermont tab (a
couple pictures added to the 7/29 note on 8/5)