Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(Victor Sack) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > And, no, Bubba Vic, there are NO beets in the lot. It was not an
> > oversight. "-)

> No BBB? I'm sorry to report the following sad info obtained from an
> inside source: Due to the deep depression suddenly afflicting all the
> judges, there will be no blue ribbons awarded this year. All the
> ribbons will be black.
>
> Bubba Vic

:-P Did the unnamed source also tell you that I *almost* pickled some
beets but didn't because *I can't abide the smell of boiled dirt!*?
Fortunately, my good sense overcame me. Jeez, Bubba, I cringe at the
very idea!
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 8/3/05 New York-Vermont tab (a
couple pictures added to the 7/29 note on 8/5)