Anita Amaro

Default Using Porcini Mushrooms

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
. 1...
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Tigsnona" > wrote in message
> >> I am addicted to Porcini mushrooms. I can only get them dried and
> >> have to soak them for about 4 hours in order to render them able to
> >> be chopped up.
> >>
> >> I have used them, along with finely chopped semi-dried tomatoes in
> >> pasta - but I would really appreciate other ideas.
> >>
> >> The flavour of these funghi is absolutely magic.
> >>

> >> TigsNona

> > This is simple, but how about sauteeing them in olive oil with fresh
> > garlic and serving on crisp bread?
> >
> > Here's a good place with recipes:
> > http://www.recipesource.com/cgi-bin/...string=porcini
> >

> > Jack Fungo
> >

> Adding them to cook to a pan after pork chops or pork tenderloin medalions
> have been cooked and then deglazing with a little cream for a nice
> mushroom sauce/gravy.

These are very good. I also have a crepe recipe somewhere that uses porcini
mushrooms. I'll look for that.

Exotic mushroom & goat cheese quesadillas
1 c boiling water

½ c dried mushrooms (shitake, porcini, etc.)

2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

¼ c minced shallots

4 c sliced mixed fresh mushrooms, about 1 pound

½ tsp salt

2 tsp chopped rosemary

2 oz lower fat goat cheese crumbled

½ c shredded Parmesan

salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

7 eight inch tortillas

Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.

Pour boiling water over dried mushrooms. Drain mushrooms using double
thickness of cheesecloth. Rinse mushrooms to remove sediment and set aside.

Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add shallots and sauté until
soft. Add fresh & dried mushrooms & sauté about 10 minutes. Add rosemary &
cook until liquid has evaporated.

Remove from heat. Add goat cheese and Parmesan and stir until well mixed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Spray tortillas with vegetable cooking spray (???) and place on prepared
baking sheet, sprayed side down. Spread ½ c mixture over ½ half tortilla.
Fold to cover and press firmly to spread filling evenly to edges. Bale 15
minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve warm.

Anita