~patches~

ms. tonya wrote:

> Julia Altshuler wrote:
> Since this is almost certain to come up in this thread eventually, I'll
> beat you to the punch with this:
> http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp
> Spider bites can hurt, but they're generally not too serious.
> --Lia
> LOL! I've already explained to her this spider isn't a brown recluse.
> They are... reclusive (and brown! with a "fiddle"As for not serious, I
> don't care what snopes has to say, I saw a guy in the doctor's office
> who had a HUGE abcess on his leg from being bitten by one. It was gross.
> Not deadly, but gross.
> And those *are* crookneck squash, particularly nice done on the grill,
> brushed with a little oil. Also just fine cut into coins and steamed.
> Slightly sweet in taste. I use them in my squash casserole. A very nice
> squash they are
> Jill ------------------------------------------------------RESPONSE: ten
> years ago on my birthday I was admitted to the hospital for a brown
> recluse spider bite on my stomach. Doctors said if I had waited another
> 24 hours chances were good I would have died because I had become an
> diabetic and didn't know till then.
> The worst part of hospital stay was doctors coming in my room at 5am
> couple of days later and using a scapel had to remove dead tissue from
> bite area and taking samples which later learned they were looking for
> eggs not knowing if spider was male or female.

Ok this just happened after me going and visiting the site with the
horrid spider bite and the resulting nacrosis. I grabbed a towel out of
our little bath so I could dry my hair. Holding the towel facing me and
head down to pop it over my head, this huge (could be huger than it
really was but still a good 3/4" diameter) spider was lurking I damn
near sh*t myself being very paranoid over spiders. Once I started
breathing again and the heart was pumping, I had presence of mind to
stomp the living bejesus out of it and dump it into the toilet. DH was
pretty proud of my wonderful accomplishment that I left in the toilet
for him to see. Except, I hadn't stomped it enough it was still trying
to crawl out! Flush, flush, oh what a relief it is. That thing could
have been in my head biting its heart out. I'm pretty sure nacrosis in
the head would not be a very good thing.