Space Cowboy

I go into my favorite deli and drink iced tea. Big glasses, lots of
ice, lemon or lime and all the time in the world finishing a Yankee
homerun of pastrami,corn beef,reuben. You have to get there by noon
because by 2pm the urn is empty and no employee seems to know how to
refill it. It could be worse where the McD urn is always empty. I
stopped in a so called New York pizza by the slice joint recently. No
menu just chalk on a blackboard. I ordered thin sliced neopolitan and
my lifelong sweetheart of a wife thick sliced sicilian. Lots of gooey
cheese with oily balsamic crusts. Yummy. No fountain tea just the
stuff in the cans. The iced water wasn't bad. It didn't cost
anything. We specifically let the owner know we won't be back till the
minimum of unsweetened Lipton spewed from a cannister with carbonated
water. At least you don't have to worry about some employee refilling
it. Better than nothing. He said check back in a month. Apparently
real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can. My local tea shoppe
finished another three day sale. I did't camp out Thursday night.
There was no reason for me to be first in line. He was cleaned out by
late Sunday afternoon. The tables were full. I think business is so
good I am just another customer because the owners weren't there and
the help warned me about taking a cup with no lid. I ordered a citrus
jasmine oolong. You can't get away from the jasmine. Just like a
cheap perfume for a classy lady.

Jim