Hairy

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> I probably asked this last year, too We'll be at the Riverssance
> Festival of Fine Arts in Lindsay Park in Davenport, Iowa. The show is
> September 17th and 18th with a preview party the evening of the 16th. My
> LLL is the featured artist this year! If you're in the area (Moline, IL,
> Rock Island, IL, Davenport, IA or Bettendorf, IA) feel free to stop by and
> say "hi"
>
> In 2004 they had some really good food vendors; not your typical half cold
> pizza by the slice or weird (they call this meat?) burgers. Nary a

corndog
> or funnel cake in sight! We got some excellent mandarin sesame beef,
> rice and fresh hot egg rolls for just a few bucks.
>
> We're looking forward to going back to dine at The Boat House. We ate

there
> a couple of times, on the deck overlooking the river. John is still

raving
> about the beef tenderloin filet from our last visit. The NE style clam
> chowder as a starter was excellent. My entree was grilled catfish and
> shrimp, also excellent.
>
> Also, Trattoria Tiramisu! I had a crab and steamed mussels pasta dish.

Oh
> YUM! Might have even been Alfredo sauce LOL
>
> We're going to skip Ross' Diner featuring the "Magic Mountain" - steamed
> ground beef on texas toast topped with french fries and cheese sauce. Um.
>
> Jill
> --

We spent last weekend in Davenport as my birthday getaway. We live about an
hour and a half SW of there.
Haven't been to The Boat House but will have to check it out. I can
recommend the Thunder Bay Grill at the North end of Brady Street. Especially
for Sunday brunch. They have an omelet bar and Belgian waffle bar, and both
are excellent. Cracker Barrel is also in the area, if that interests you.

Dave