Rick & Cyndi

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Julia Altshuler wrote:
>> Since this is almost certain to come up in this thread eventually, I'll
>> beat you to the punch with this:
>>

>> http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp
>>

>> Spider bites can hurt, but they're generally not too serious.
>>

>> --Lia

> That is more likely the bite of a venomous snake - one with hemolytic
> venom. The area affected is far too large for spider venom.
>
> -L.

Maybe. Maybe not. I disagree though. There was a fellow that lived 30
minutes from us (when we stilled in Armpit, IL) that had a brown recluse
bite on his leg... his bite makes that hand picture look mild - he numerous
surgeries and I never heard if his leg eventually had to be amputated or
not... Brown Recluse bites can maim - big time!

Cyndi