Rhonda Anderson

Default Danish salami

(Leo Scanlon) wrote in news:401e235f.88373127
@news.erols.com:

> On 1 Feb 2004 23:40:30 -0800,
suggested these

http://www.danishdeli.co.uk/

> This site doesn't show prices and doesn't appear to offer online
> ordering, just directions to their store in Croydon.
>
>>http://www.3-stjernet.com/export/b2b.asp

> Again, no ordering info, no prices.
>
>>http://www.hojer-polser.dk/
>>the last one are propably the best - but alas the web shight are all
>>in Danish! However if you click on "kontakt" = contact you can write
>>them a mail.

> I may have to resort to that, but I'll keep hoping for US sources for
> athe time being. Maybe one of the upscale markets carries it.

Or you could move to Australia <g>. It's a pretty stock standard item at
delis and supermarkets here (at least in NSW) - and even available as
prepackaged sliced product. Not a specialty item. I was surprised to read
that you were having trouble sourcing it in the US. Tried searching
myself - closest I found was a deli in Sausalito, California which has
Danish salami on it's list of sandwich fillings! It has an online store,
but not selling the salami :-(

Found plenty of listings for places in the UK and Australia selling it,
but the closest I got to you (other than all the sites pointing to Bevmo
as you mentioned) was a place in Canada (without online ordering - fancy
a trip to Alberta?<g>)

In an earlier post you mentioned that a Danish site indicated its product
could not be shipped to USA, Canada or Australia. As far as we
(Australia) are concerned, that would be due to quarantine restrictions
(and good on the company for informing would be purchasers - many don't).
Might be the same reasoning for the USA, which would mean you may not be
able to buy it online from any overseas companies.

Is it possible Danish salami is known by another name in the USA?

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia