Curly Sue

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:42:06 -0700, (serene)
wrote:

>Jean B. > wrote:
>
>> Damsel wrote:

>> > That's true of any diet that you don't stick to in a maintenance form. I
>> > lost 40 pounds on Atkins two years ago, but gained it all back. The weight
>> > gain had more to do with microwave popcorn, M&Ms, and cherry Twizzlers than
>> > the fact that I had lost it on Atkins. A dietician-prescribed diet won't
>> > last forever, either, if the patient doesn't stick with it.
>> >
>> > Carol, who's getting serious about weight control again (not with Atkins)

>> Absolutely, Carol!!!!! Why do folks blame the diet?

>Maybe because if 95% (a conservative estimate) of all diets fail, diets
>don't work?
>
>serene

There's only one true diet. It's one that doesn't rely on gimmicks or
"fool your metabolism" hooey: eat less, exercise more. End of story.

The problem is that people fail to follow it. It is difficult,
especially with most of our lifestyles (sedentary, too many things to
do, surrounded by food whichever way we turn). Plus people love
magic. "Eat all you want on our diet and still lose weight!" Sounds
pretty good :>

Sue(tm)