serene

donald girod > wrote:

> Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
> a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
> to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
> muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
> blueberries.

I like a thing that I call "kind of trifle" because it's not exactly
like the trifle that I've had from other folks. I layer lady fingers
(or sponge cake if I have some), Bird's custard, unsweetened whipped
cream (whip it myself), any kind of berries, and sauce made with the
same berries. I think this would be excellent with just lots of
blueberries. I usually use a combination of raspberries, blackberries,
and strawberries, sometimes with some blueberries thrown in.

Haven't made this in a long time. May give it a shot later this week.

serene