Debbie

TammyM wrote:
>> "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> Damsel > wrote in
>>> :

>>> No, I bought a kitchen-aid stand mixer at the thought of making my
>>> own pasta and with pasta comes poundage. I'm back to 225-230.

>>> I didn't know about that newsgroup (?) at that time.
>>>
>>> That's, like I said, the problem with "groups", imho. Everybody can
>>> fall into a trap of blaming the group instead of themselves.
>>>
>>> After 30 years, I quit smoking last year, Wednesday, September 1,
>>> 2004, 10am, cold turkey. I didn't join any group, didn't discuss it
>>> with anybody and that's over and done. I can't wait to celebrate my
>>> first anniversary.

>> My 6th anniversary of smoking cessation is on Sept 2 -- we can almost
>> celebrate together!
>> <snip>

Congratulations! I quit jan 27, 2003 after smoking for 36 years. didn't do
it cold turkey though. Started to reduce in Sept. 2002 and finally after
only smoking maybe 2 per day for a few weeks, it dawned on my that I
wouldn't be having nicotine withdrawal if I stopped. So I did. :-)

Debbie
Two years, six months, six days, 19 hours, 40 minutes and 54 seconds. 26645
cigarettes not smoked, saving $8,995.20. Life saved: 13 weeks, 1 day, 12
hours, 25 minutes.