Hunt

In article >, says...

>Hunt wrote:

[SNIP]

It is also listed as being "organic," and "unfiltered," which would
>> explain the fair amount of sediment in the bottle.

I'm used to it in many different varietals, even PN's without a ton of years
on it. The reference to the "unfiltered" should have been more emphatic in my
notes, relating to the "warning" on the back label. It said to watch out for
it, and the amount surprised me a bit. That's what I get for NOT reading the
"instructions" first! :-}

>Just a clarification, Hunt: sediment can easily form in filtered wines,
>too. It's produced by the polymerization of tannins, so any wine that's
>tannic in its youth ought to drop some sediment as it ages.
>
><SNIP nice notes>

[SNIP]

>Thanks for the notes, Hunt. '96 was quite a weak year in the S. Rhone,
>so I am amazed that the Perrins got as much into the Coudoulet as they
>did. As for your general complaint about CdRs, I agree that most are
>too dilute to be interesting, but there are a number of exceptions. One
>of my favorites in recent years is Dom. L'Espigouette's, but Alary's
>Cairannes and Texier's Brezeme are others that are nice, albeit a bit
>more pricey.
>
>Mark Lipton

Mark,

Thanks for the recommendations. My array of CdRs is a bit limited, so I'm
always on the lookout for good ones. As one of the posters says in his
tagline: "so many wines, so little time... "

Hunt