Cindy Fuller

In article > ,
Dog3 > wrote:

> Damsel > wrote in
> :
>
> > My neighbor gave me a couple of summer squashes from his garden last
> > night. I've only seen the ones that look like yellow zucchini. What
> > variety are these, and what's a good way to cook them? I was thinking
> > of maybe slicing, oiling, and grilling.

> That is a crookneck squash. I usually saute' chunks and use salt and
> pepper for seasoning.

MMMMM! I smuggled a small zucchini into the house for today's lunch, to
be eaten with leftover crawfish/shrimp étouffée.

> > Then there's this terrifying spider that's in my bathroom. I don't
> > mind the light brown daddy long legs types with the 1.5" bent legs
> > (never saw them before moving here). But I'm scared of the ones that
> > are fast, fast, fast! This one is about a half inch long, and very
> > black. I don't routinely kill critters, but if the spider can harm
> > us, I should probably get rid of it. The picture isn't great, because
> > I was too scared to get any closer.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any help with either of these. Click on the yellow
> > squash: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
> >
> > Carol

> UGH!!! I hate spiders. It's not a brown recluse because I've been bitten
> by one, nasty little f*ckers. I had a giant, infected crater on my calf
> for weeks. I don't know what kind this is. Try trapping it in a jar and
> throw it outside.

This sounds like something the SO did last night. This morning I found
the glass cover to the office light fixture on the front porch. Turns
out it was a nice incubator for baby spiders, and SO was liberating
them--to feed the birds. So much for having compassion for
invertebrates.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller