Jean B.

Jen wrote:

> Does anyone know what Cool whip and Dream whip are, are they available in
> Australia???? What are some good substitutes??

I just ran across this recipe yesterday:

Cool Whip

1 teaspoon gelatin
2 teaspoons cold water
3 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 cup ice water
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons oil

Chill a small mixing bowl. Soften gelatin with 2 teaspoons
cold water, then add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is
completely dissolved. Cool until tepid. Place ice water and
nonfat dry milk in the chilled bowl. Beat at high speed until
mixture forms stiff peaks. Add sugar, still beating, then oil
and gelatin. Place in freezer about 15 minutes then transfer
to refrigerator until ready for use. Stir before using to
retain creamy texture. Makes 2 cups.
http://www.dailyrecipes.net/recipes-446.html

I would use stabilized whipped cream, though.
--
Jean B.