Jean B.

Damsel wrote:

> "Dee Randall" > said:
>

>>I'm will try to use up my Dreamworks (?) low carb pasta. Today I'm making a
>>combination type minestrone/pasta e fagiole and will use as many as I can
>>put in of the low-carb macaroni; still have one lb. of penne, then no more
>>low-carb purchases for me -- although I must say it doesn't taste too bad.
>>My DH bought them, I wonder why, since he is not too concerned about
>>low-carbs; perhaps he was giving me a hint?

> Dreamfields. To me, it tastes just like regular pasta. Unfortunately,
> it's twice the price of the regular stuff, and it's becoming harder and
> harder to find it in stores. Two years ago, all three of our stores
> carried it. Now only one does.
>
> I've tested it with my blood glucose meter. It doesn't cause the same
> spikes as regular pasta.
>
> Carol

Good products, IMHO: Dreamfields (assuming it doesn't cause
the spikes, and I gather that varies from person to person and
by cooking method; also assuming it doesn't cause one to slide
into eating other carbs).

Hood Carb Countdown Milk (and now Hershey's has a sugar-free
chocolate milk).

Low-carb catsup/ketchup.

I had better stick to the last two. :-)

--