Jean B.

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> My sister was on Atkins in the late 90's and is on it again. (Gee, I
> wonder why she had to repeat--could it be she she regained the weight
> she lost?) She bought some of the various products at the local dollar
> store (hmmm). Most of them were just plain unpalatable. About the only
> thing she could stomach was the meal replacement bars. According to one
> article, once Atkins Nutritionals reorganizes it will concentrate on the
> shakes and bars.
>
> Cindy

Here's my take:

First, you will gain weight if you go off ANY diet. It is not
the fault of the diet.

Second, the woes of Atkins pharmaceuticals is in large part
due to the proliferation of specious products in recent years.
These products led many folks to eat more and to segue back
into ?real?/?other>? carby foods.

I think the premise is still sound, especially of folks stop
thinking of Atkins/low-carb as what is allowed on induction
only. What on earth is wrong with giving up the relatively
useless carbs and getting one's (reduced) carbs from veggies,
fruits, legumes, and even whole grains?

I will probably post this on the LC group too....

--
Jean B.