Vilco

Mi e' parso che Dee Randall abbia scritto:

> I'm will try to use up my Dreamworks (?) low carb pasta. Today
> I'm making a combination type minestrone/pasta e
> fagiole and will use as many as I can put in of the
> low-carb macaroni; still have one lb. of penne, then no
> more low-carb purchases for me -- although I must say it
> doesn't taste too bad

I love "pasta e fagioli"! Heve you ever tried to use bacon-rind
instead of pasta, to make "fagioli e cotiche"?
I'm not sure of the translations of "bacon rind", here cotiche
are a part of the pig's skin, from the belly area, and looks like
this (aim at the link rolls in the middle of ohter ingredients):
http://www.casaflorio.it/SUGO%20CON%...%20FAGIOLI.htm
The one in that page is a different recipe, "fagioli e cotiche"
don't use pasta.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'