Roy

>Talking like that makes me get all tingly.
>Is it normal for foodies to become aroused when others read recipes out loud
>or talk about the chemistry of baking?
>I swear, I just love baking. It gives me such joy.

I would say that is your 'foreplay' before you reach the climax..... of
sexual baking?

Mate,,,, the beauty of baking ( an even any form of cookery)not only
lies on the fact that something delightful can come from it....but also
the realization that every thing ( recipes, procedures,
mechanisms).that makes a good cake or other baked products can be
understood scientifically..;.
Just remember.....Albert Einstein already enjoyed the mental delights
of his relativity theory long before it was experimentally proven.....
Just the same with the mundane art of baking or other forms of
cookery....It will be much more delighful that before you start your
baking chore....you can already predict its outcome by just looking at
the ingredients and the method that was supposed to be used for the
preparations....
Anybody who does such step by rout....e such as given in the recipe
cannot find the same kind of enjoyment if they don't understand what is
going on with their concoctions.
Therefore its hollow pleasure.....
Baking and cooking is like sex.....The more you know about your stuff
and what goes on... is like being familiar with your partners what
turns them on so that both of you can enjoy sexual pleasure
together....all the time.
Isn't that romantic?
Roy