Boron Elgar

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:01:13 GMT, "Anny Middon"
> wrote:

>"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>>

>> They don't make real Corningware anymore. The new stuff is just
>> stoneware. If you want the freezer-to-stovetop ceramic, you gotta buy old
>> stuff on eBay or at thrift stores.
>>

>According to their website, the French White line (still in production) is
>freezer-to-oven and freezer-to-microwave safe. Their other products don't
>make this claim, so I would guess this isn't true for them.
>
>Anny

Over the years I gave away or moved away from my old Corning ware. I
bought the French White to replace it. They are nothing like the old.
They are poorly made, easily chipped and useless. Plastic tops instead
of glass covers. blech

I found myself a wonderful collection of the old blue cornflower on
eBay a few months ago and I have been thrilled ever since. They can
bury me in this stuff

Boron