Edwin Pawlowski

"frohe" > wrote in message
> The smoker temp looks good but I seldom take my briskets past 190.

So do I when I'm awake. When I sleep a little longer, they can go a little
hotter. They are far from dried out though.

> Funny you should pose this question now. This past weekend we were down
> to Austin and stopped in at the Rudy's in Round Rock. I got to talk with
> the manager about his BBQ operation and he said they buy the cheap
> briskets also. So, take all this for what it's worth.

I like the lower price, but there is a cost to it. I get the $1.99 briskets
at a place north of me that I'm near frequently so little time/gas to go
there. The cheaper briskets are in the opposite direction and a 50 mile
round trip. At 33¢ a mile that comes to $16.50 to save $9.50 on a brisket.
In addition, we stopped for dinner and that added another 50 bucks to the
total cost.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/