David Wright Sr.

Meadowlark > wrote in news:dcg1da$oah$1
@reader2.nmix.net:

> I'd like to know where I could read some of your published work,
> if you don't mind giving out that information.

My articles are strictly done for fun and my own enlightenment. I,
primarily, am a computer programmer/analyst/network engineer, although I
also have a degree in Linguistics. I am nearing retirement, and what I have
written so far is very limited. I have a few of these, (very primitive), on
my website at:

http://home.alltel.net/dwrighsr/heinlein_articles.html

As you can see, these all deal with the science fiction writer Robert
Heinlein.

I only have one actual published article at this time. It's called "Time
Enough For Everything" and is about time travel in science-fiction,
especially in the works of Robert Heinlein. It was published as part one,
"Linear Time Travel", and part 2, "Multi-Dimensional Time Travel", in
Volume 11, number 1 and 2, of The Heinlein Journal[1], but it's unlikely
that you can find it, although I do understand that it is is subscribed to
by a number of libraries. One of these days, I'll get around to putting a
version of my article up on the website also.

Presently, I am working on one, possibly two other papers. The first of
these deals with the Influences of Alfred Korzybski and General Semantics
in Heinlein's works and the second, if I do it, will deal with Lakoff &
Johnson's Metaphor Theories and its place, (if any), in General Semantics.

I don't know if either will be publishable, but as I said, I am doing it
for fun and for the learning experience.

[1] Bill Patterson is the publisher. He can be reached at

David Wright Sr.
--
http://home.alltel.net/dwrighsr/index.html