Pandora

"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:43:14 +0200, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> Potatoes? Like a regular gnocchi? I had looked around on the net and
>>> most recipes had just the chestnut and regular or wheat flour. How
>>> interesting!
>>> Thank you so much.
>>> Gloria

>>I Am sure that if you put only flour, Gnocchi come out too hard and
>>difficult to digest!!!!
>>Cheers
>>Pandora

> Spaetzle recipes are only flour and yet can be tender, so no potatoes
> seemed "normal."
>
> These are the ingredients from a recipe that I had found online and
> seemed quite appealing:
>
> Source: The Great Italian Cookbook (1987). Compiled by the Italian
> Academy of Cookery. New York: International Culinary Society. ISBN:
> 0-517-63553-4
> http://www.chestnutleaf.com/gnocchi_di_castagne.htm
>
> 3 cups chestnut flour
>
> 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
>
> 1/2 cup whole shelled walnuts
>
> 1/3 cup pine nuts
>
> 1 cup oil
>
> 1 sprig parsley
>
> 2 cloves garlic
>
> 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
>
> Make the gnocchi: Mix the chestnut flour and the all-purpose flour on
> a board. Add sufficient water to produce a soft, smooth dough.
> Divide the dough into pieces as large as an orange, then form
> finger-thick rolls on the board. Cut these into segments about 3/4
> inch long and press against the back of a fork or a grater to produce
> the characteristic gnocchi shape. Keep separated so they do not stick
> together.
>
> Make the sauce: Blanch the walnuts in boiling water for 3-4 minutes to
> help remove their skins and toast the pine nuts in the oven. Put all
> the nuts in a mortar and pound well. Peel and finely chop the garlic
> cloves. Fry with the parsley and 4 tbsp oil in a saucepan. Add the
> nuts, stir and continue frying for a couple of minutes. Remove from
> the heat and then add the remaining oil mixed with a little boiling
> water (the water is necessary to obtain a smooth paste).
>
> Boil the gnocchi in plenty of salted water for about 7-8 minutes.
> Remove carefully with a slotted spoon, then transfer to individual
> plates.
> Cover each portion with some of the sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.

I don't know how they can come out. The ideal should be boiled chestnut that
you use like potatoes togheter with chestnut flour! Gnocchi should come more
savoury. Unfortunately we have to wait october to see chestnuts.
BTW I have seen that some people make this kind of Gnocchi with dried
chestnuts, also.
We must try some recipes.
Thank you, I will try your recipe too.
Cheers