Old 27-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Pandora

"TammyM" ha scritto nel messaggio

"Pandora" wrote in message
Yesterday I made a trip with my boyfriend in the nothern of Piemonte. I

went
to Formazza (Verbania), a little country near Switzerland about at 1300
at
sea level.
Here we have ate *chestnut dumplings* (gnocchi di castagne), seasoned
with
butter and sage.
And then some local cheese and salami.
I hadn't made the photo of chestnut dumplings, but I would like to make
them because they were very very good.
I ask myself if in Us you have the chestnut flour indispensable for this
dish.
Here his some photo of the country I visited and I hope you enjoy them

like
I do:
http://tinypic.com/9hs6mv.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9hs6xs.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9hs70x.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9hs77n.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9hs8p1.jpg

When I will make dumplings, I will send you other photos.

Great photos, Pandora. I've seen chestnut flour at the local natural
foods
co-op and also a health food store. I would LOVE to see both your recipe
and a picture of those delicious sounding gnochhi!

We have a supermarket called Coop, too ))
"Gnocchi di castagne" aren't made only with chestnut flour, but also with
potatoes. Pratically you mix the purea of boiled potatoes with flour just
like they was potatoes dumplings. I'll be more precise when I will do them.
Tahnk you and
Cheers
Pandora

Tammy
Sacramento, California (where it's "only" going to get up to 102F (38C)
today....)