Seismo Malm

In article .com>,
Alireza wrote:
> What if i use Baker's yeast instead of Wine yeast ?
> i know that you say "buy wine yeast, it's cheap"; but in my country
> don't sale wine equipments , even air lock and other things.
> i can only find bread yeast.
> will be very bad ? or the result will be same as wine yeast?

I have made wine with bread yeast with drinkable (but not good) results.
Different bread yeast differ very much with alcohol tolerance (our local
fresh bread yeast is used/was used to produce mash for distilling and
yeast for baking, yeast intended only for baking don't need any alcohol
tolerance), taste and flocculation (how fast it will settle down).

You can keep yeast alive for a long time so you don't need to purchase it
very often. There is quite lot of information about storing brewers yeast
in the brewery (http://www.brewery.org/brewery/Library.html).

I order my yeast routinely from abroad. I live in Finland, we have
homebrew shops but selection is poor. If you live in europe brouwland
(http://www.brouwland.com/) is nice place to shop.

Remember, wine was made with wild yeast just a few centuries ago.

seismo malm