Hairy wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > Jesse
> >

> *They* say that used motor oil contains carcinogens, but I believe it takes
> years of exposure to cause harm. I'd throw the spatula in the dishwasher.
> The chimney will burn off any oil the first time it's fired up. If it's just
> splatters on the bag of lump, the paper probably absorbed most if not all of
> the oil. If the bag was laying in a puddle, I'd pitch it. I'd be most
> concerned about the WSM. I'd make sure to get all the oil off of it so that
> the smell of hot used motor oil doesn't ruin the aroma of my next cook.;_)

Yea well "they" also say BBQ has carcinogens from the burnt bits

Anyways thanks for the advice, on side of the bag was covered pretty
well with
splatters which now have formed large stains but like you said the
paper probably got most of it considering its fairly heavy duty.

As far as the WSM I was thinking of not only cleaning but also just
firing it up sans food one time to help burn off any bad stuff. Since
its on the outside guess it wouldn't hurt the food muchh but like you
said interfere with the smoke aroma.

Jesse