christopherlt christopherlt is offline
Member

Hello Salami lovers,
I was unaware there were others out there who missed good salami. Well one of the best Salami that I ever had was one called DAK. I used to get it from the General Food type store but it was not super common and eventually seemed to go away all together. Well every now and again I have tried to find it online but to no avail. Well, one day I must have been thinking a bit sharper than usual ( Ha! Ha! ) and decided to track the who DAK story down. Well as it turns out I connected with the Vice-President of the canned meat and specialty products division at Plumrose , Ole E. Knudsen (great guy!). They have operations in Denmark but also the US and many product lines. DAK salami just could not make it in the Us because of the price. Turns out he gave me the info on a company in PA that is their only distributor on the US for the Salami.

Santi & Sons
Telephone: 610-736-0501

I called them as spoke to Misty. I had to but in bulk and the package of more salami than I can eat in 20 years came to my door on Friday. I opened one and it was good. It does need to sit out in the air and dry out some but it is good with cheese. Apparently there is someone else in Washington state that is a regular buyer or Dak salami according to the person I spoke with at Santi & Sons.

Hope this helps.
Christopher