David Wright Sr.

"Rudy Canoza" > wrote in news:1122061589.300655.79320
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

>> It would be funny, if it wasn't so pathetically sad.

> Davey, what's sad is that, when *you* were asked how you know,
> scientifically, that your dog exhibits disappointment - this after you
> had run your fat ignorant yap about science - you suddenly did a
> complete whiff-off and said that you didn't need science; you just
> "knew".

Wrong. Check the records, I didn't add the mention of my 'experience' until
after I pointed out a number of reputable references which said the same
thing. You then claimed that I did a google search to be able to throw out
those references and I gave you my history with respect to those
references. What are your references? What do you have to back up any of
your claims *except* for your own 'opinion'?

So far, you haven't given anything *except* your claim of 'I am able to
think', and that appears highly doubtful.

> You're not seeing disappointment in any dog, Davey. You *want* to see
> it, because you have some emotional need to try to connect with your
> dog. But it just isn't there. Dogs don't have the cognitive ability
> to see themselves in the sort of relationship to other entities, or
> their universe, that is required to be able to experience
> disappointment.

Prove it. Prove that *you* have emotions and prove that you have *any
cognitive ability*. All we can go on is your behavior which, in the final
analysis, is how all *emotions* in other people are defined and labeled.
And your *emotions* appear to us to be pretty shallow as well as the depth
of your intellectual reasoning.

> Now, be a good doddering old duffer, go pet your dog, and stop this
> silly sentimental nonsense.

It's far, far better to be a 'doddering old duffer', than to be an apparent
5 year old ignoramus. Did you graduate from Kindergarten this year. I'll
try to remember to send you a card, with something simple on it so you can,
perhaps, comprehend it. Maybe just cartoons. Wouldn't want to tax you too
much.

David W.

--
There are two ways to slide easily through life: Namely, to believe
everything, or to doubt everything;