Rudy Canoza

David Wright Sr. wrote:
> dh@. wrote in :
>
> > On 7/11, Goo amusingly wrote to "David Wright Sr."
> > >:
> > [snip ****wit David Harrison rubbish]

> It would be funny, if it wasn't so pathetically sad.

Davey, what's sad is that, when *you* were asked how you know,
scientifically, that your dog exhibits disappointment - this after you
had run your fat ignorant yap about science - you suddenly did a
complete whiff-off and said that you didn't need science; you just
"knew". You were *exactly* like the late U.S. Supreme Court justice
Potter Stewart who, when asked how he knew some material was obscene or
pornographic, replied, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see
it."

You're not seeing disappointment in any dog, Davey. You *want* to see
it, because you have some emotional need to try to connect with your
dog. But it just isn't there. Dogs don't have the cognitive ability
to see themselves in the sort of relationship to other entities, or
their universe, that is required to be able to experience
disappointment.

Now, be a good doddering old duffer, go pet your dog, and stop this
silly sentimental nonsense.