George Shirley

Loki wrote:
> I got the full 2 quarts they ask for in the Ball Blue Book recipe for
> these today. I'm going to let them sit in the fridge till tomorrow,
> probably. Some were not totally ripe - broke off green at the top.
>
> How much difference would it make if I went ahead and made the
> preserves today? Most are fully ripe...
>
> Loki

Probably not any difference at all as long as the majority are ripe
Loki. Won't hurt to wait until tomorrow either as the somewhat green
ones will ripen overnight. Don't wait too long though as they will also
mildew quickly, at least they do down here on the coast, even in the air
conditioning.

George, off to Houston to visit the descendants