Rick Chappell

Lara Burton > wrote:

> I like loose leaf greens, usually ordered from Adagio or Upton. But, I am
> going on a long road trip and for some reason, perhaps my head was not too
> clear because of this heat wave in the west, I purchased some instant green
> tea (unsweetened) made by Tea Tech. (they have a web site at
> www.teatech.com) I am not advocating it or anything, the damn stuff tastes
> like swamp water and I don't care if it has 800% of polyphenols or whatever.
> I drink green tea because I like it (and a bit of caffeine is always nice).

> Anyone ever heard of this, have any experience with instant stuff? Or, know
> a good way to cold brew green tea?

Dear Lara, I'll make you a deal. You are on the right path but just
haven't taken the step of chucking the stuff down the toilet. If you
promise to throw it out, I will send you the equivalent weight in
decent quality fairly fresh Chinese green tea (Long-Jin). Just e-mail
me your address (P.O. box, work or friend's address fine). Believe
me, it's caffeinated. Alternatively, since I'm visiting Boston in a
couple of weeks, you could send your instant green tea to me and I'll
chuck it into the harbor. It will be patriotic.

Best wishes,

Rick.

Rick Chappell, Ph.D. <> Professor, Dept. of Statistics and of
Biostatistics & Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin Medical School
600 Highland Avenue, K6/430 <> Madison, WI 53792 USA
<> Work (608) 263-5572 <> FAX 263-1059 <> Home 233-3664