Ranee Mueller

Default Ideas for freezable family meals?

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:57:09 -0500 (EST),
> (Gina *) wrote:

> >Rona, I saw what you saw. It seems to me Jill was being flippant, using
> >the device of an extreme exaggeration. Such as, :"When these kids leave
> >today, I'll have myself a nervous breakdown." Or, " 50 million folks
> >gathered around to see the teacher fall on her butt."

Alright, so if someone had said "If I was in my 40s, divorced and had
a job like that I'd kill myself LOL!" this would merely be flippant? I
don't think it matters how many smileys or laughs one puts behind a
statement like this, it is still rude and uncalled for. Apparently,
though, reproductive choice doesn't need to be respected when someone is
choosing to have children, though, and so this principle doesn't apply
here.

> The response
> >seemed sanctimonious. In divinity training and in formation I read
> >about a million books about Jesus, and the one thing I came away with
> >(if nothing else) he was neither sanctimonious nor humorless. Sora like,
> >"What would Jesus _not_ do?"

Sure, and he called things as he saw them, was very direct and
unafraid of making judgement calls about right and wrong. See his
dealings with his disciples, especially Peter and Thomas, the Samaritan
woman at the well, the Pharisees and the folks doing all that cheating
and selling in the temple, among many other examples. Jesus was not
timid or PC, neither did he countenance wrong behaviour just to be
polite.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24