kuri

"Lara Burton" > wrote in message

> But, I am
> going on a long road trip

> Anyone ever heard of this, have any experience with instant stuff?

At my grand-ma. I have hated tea all my youth thanks to that.

>Or, know
> a good way to cold brew green tea?

One way is to brew about 3 times the quantity of leaves with hot water and
when it's steeped pour it immediatly in a pitcher or cups full of ice. That
works with any tea.
Another way is to put tea leaves in cold water and let it in the fridge.
That takes 2 hours for most leaves of Chinese green, sencha... For gyokuro
or sencha+matcha, that can be done in 20 minutes (I put the pot in the
freezer).

On a road trip, I'd try the cold brew : Put leaves in your travel thermos,
add cold water about 2 hours before the time when you want to drink it, then
make a stop at a place where you can get ice cubes to refresh the drink
before having it. You can let the leaves in the pot, they don't overinfuse
much if it's cold. So you can refill as much as you need.

Kuri