usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
<...>
> Yes I have an agenda in promoting healthy vegetarian eating.

You've never promoted SPECIFICS about healthy eating, you've made
GENERALIZATIONS about "vegetarian good, meat bad" even though
organizations like ADA, AHA, UCS, etc., distinguish between healthy and
unhealthy diets REGARDLESS of meat or dairy. They all note that meat and
dairy can be part of a healthy diet. They do NOT recommend vegetarianism
specifically (they offer only qualified support for WELL-PLANNED
vegetarian diets), nor generally as you've lied when writing that they do.

> Part of that is a group where people can discuss what that is.

And that's precisely what I'm doing. I'm pointing out that you're not
distinguishing between healthful eating and unhealthful eating. You're
making rash generalizations that meat is bad and vegetarian is good,
which is comparing apples and oranges.

> Instead a few
> individuals make this such a hostile place that can't take place.

Wrong. Your objection is to people being honest and candid about the
matters up for discussion. You don't want to be bothered with the fact
that a diet which contains lean meats and reduced-fat dairy can be
remarkably healthier than a vegetarian diet which is laden with fats,
sugar, and processed foods. You're not interested in the truth, you only
want to push a pro-veg agenda in spite of the facts.

> I also have a strong environmental objective.

Do you prefer cotton and synthetics to fur and leather?

> And, I've stated the dangers of the use of antibiotics in the meat
> industry, a great danger.

No, an emotive and overstated danger.

> But this group has been destroyed with nasty postings.

What about all your lies about groups endorsing vegetarian diets when
they clearly don't?

> I'll post the essentials of a healthy vegan diet. Lots of raw fruits
> and vegetables.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> Especially leafy greens.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> Not too many calories.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> Daily exercise.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> Avoid processed foods.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> Avoid added garbage, like corn syrup.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

<...>
> Look for legumes and sources of protein.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> A typical example is I post that someone is rated in the top 5
> wrestlers, and usual suspects write homophobic comments.

It's not homophobic to point out that wrestling is popular among
homosexuals.

> It demonstrates speed, agility, quick thinking, and pound for pound
> strength.

So does cross country running, bicycling, swimming, and a variety of
other sports where contestants don't hug each other or go spread-eagle
for members of the same sex.

<...>
> Watch calories.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> Watch for pesticide residues.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> It unprocessed natural
> food. Research. Read.

Compatible with a diet that includes lean meats and reduced-fat dairy.

> There is no doubt that meat eating is associated with colon cancer.

Wrong. There's evidence that eating *TOO MUCH* of certain meats is
associated with a higher risk of colon cancer. There's also evidence --
from the same studies -- that consumption of certain meats like fish and
poultry offer a protective benefit against those same cancers. You fail
to distinguish between what the research actually shows; instead, you
make bogus generalizations which are unsupportable by the data. You are
a quack.

> Our digestive system is quite long.

And yours is full of shit.

> Promoting antibiotics in food potentially is the greatest danger in
> promoting the meat industry.

No, it isn't. Healthy animals equals healthy meats equals healthy
consumers. Animals are withdrawn from antibiotics prior to slaughter.
Meat is tested for antibiotic residues before it's sold to consumers.
Livestock producers are catching on that overuse of antibiotics is as
bad as no use; many producers don't use antibiotics prophylactically,
but instead only use them when one or more of their animals requires them.

<...>
> I was not always a vegetarian. I highly suggest all parents read the
> bone density diet.

It's based on pseudoscience.

> The giving of soda and excess proteins to children
> should be outlawed,

I knew you were an authoritarian zealot. Thanks for proving it.

> if one understands how bones are developed

You don't.

> and we
> have an epidemic of osteoporosis in our society.

Because of our longevity. People didn't live long enough for
malignancies to develop or for their bones to become brittle because
they normally died in their 30s, 40s, and 50s.

> Interestingly,

It's of no interest to informed persons.

> in societies that don't drink dairy or soda, osteoporosis is virtually
> unknown. ( of course that's changing with globalization).

No, you bumbling twit, it's because they're starting to live longer
because they now have access to medical technology. That's why their
cancer rates are exploding and rivaling ours. That's why their aging
populations have similar diseases at similar rates as ours.

<...>
> I also have an agenda to protect habitat. The little bit of habitat is
> being destroyed, largely for meat production.

Ipse dixit and false. The "factory farms" you rail against mean that it
takes significantly LESS land to raise MORE animals than it did in the past.

> Diversity of species is something I value.

Too bad you don't share the same value when it comes to diverse ideas.