usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
>>>I tell it like I see it.

>>So do I (which is why you object).

> Wrong,

No, I'm correct.

> I object to your vitriol

Which I typically reserve for the right situation, such as when someone
is ridiculously pigheaded, willfully ignorant, or blatantly deceitful.

> and your tendency to take positions that are
> far to the contrary - wherever contrary may be.

Such as...? Maybe you mean something like this:
There are some common misconceptions about being vegetarian.
Among the most common is that being vegetarian saves all animal
lives. Animals will die to put food on your table whether you
are vegetarian or not - even if you are vegan. It's unavoidable
unless you go to extreme measures that are not usually practical
in today's culture. You might save the lives of some animals:
cows, chickens, turkeys, fish, pigs, etc., but other animals
will die as a result of agricultural practices, transportation,
packaging, warehousing, and for many other reasons. Most people
don't think about the other animal casualties because they
aren't featured in a meal.

Of course, I didn't write that (though I've made those very points many
times myself only to be subjected to your objections). You posted that
two days ago in rfvc.

> You hate anyone who refers
> to themselves

himself, herself...

> as vegan,

No, I don't. Michael B calls himself a vegan. I don't hate him at all.
He's a decent guy. I don't agree with him about some things, and I'm
sure he doesn't agree with me about them, either, but we aren't
disagreeable about anything. Dittos for shev who, while not claiming to
be vegan _per se_, pushes the agenda and engages in civil discussion
about it.

> yet you are vegan.

By what definition? I have no objections about how or even that animals
are raised for food, I just don't eat them. I don't object to hunting; I
do it myself and donate the meat to a hunger program. I've noted in the
past that I would probably add fish back to my diet and I've had sashimi
a couple times this year. I don't go looking to eliminate any and all
traces of animal parts from my diet; I don't care if some ingredient
MIGHT be of animal origin and on some activist's list of foods to avoid
to "save" animals. I have no objections to medical testing or any other
testing on animals; far better to try things out on animals first before
subjecting humans to potential dangers. I don't give a shit if BEES are
exploited for honey; as many times as those ****ers have stung me, they
OWE me something useful (I also snicker when ninnies like "Ronny" emote
about "bee vomit" when talking about honey and why it should be
avoided). I don't object to fur or leather; animal hides are much more
environmentally-friendly than petrochemical-based synthetic fibers. Etc.

Tell me how any of that is consistent with veganism.