Beach Runner

The What wrote:

> "The What" wrote:
>
>>>Opps!

> "usual suspect" wrote:
>
>>You mean "oops."

> ---------------
> Oops yes, you are absolutely right! Thank you for correcting my mistake.
> When someone makes a mistake, it's nice if they show their appreciation by
> stating "thank you" when someone is good enough to take the time to correct
> it, don't you agree? Thanks again for correcting mine...
>
> "The What" wrote:
> You forgot to quote this part from the AHA link you provided:
>
> "usual suspect" wrote:
>
>>I didn't forget anything.

> -----------
> Of course you did, that is if you were attempting to correct the mistake
> "Beach Runner" made when stating:
>

>>The Heart Association and Cancer Association say
>>that a vegetarian diet is healthier,

> To this you (correctly) replied "No, they do not", which is true. But then
> instead of quoting what the American Heart Association website actually does
> say regarding the health of those on a vegetarian diet as compared to those
> on a non-vegetarian diet, you for some reason quoted a relatively unrelated
> part which says:
>
> "Vegetarian diets can be healthful and nutritionally sound if
> they’re carefully planned to include essential nutrients.
> However, a vegetarian diet can be unhealthy if it contains too
> many calories and not enough important nutrients."
>
> That's just fine and dandy, but "Beach Runner" wasn't simply discussing how
> healthful and nutritionally sound the AHA says a vegetarian diet can be, in
> and of itself. The quote you posted would have been much more pertinent if
> you had presented it in conjunction with the AHA info which refers to what
> "Beach Runner" was actually talking about (in particular, what the AHA
> really says regarding how "healthy" a vegetarian diet is compared to a
> non-vegetarian diet).
>
> But you neglected to quote what the AHA website actually does say when
> "comparing" the two types of diets. So I simply did you a favor and posted
> the pertinent AHA quote (repeated below), since it's the one that proves
> that what "Beach Runner" stated wasn't accurate. What's so hard to
> understand about that?
>
> From the American Heart Association website:
> "Many studies have shown that vegetarians seem to have a lower risk of
> obesity, coronary heart disease (which causes heart attack), high blood
> pressure, diabetes mellitus and some forms of cancer."
>
> I had enough courtesy to thank you for correcting my "oops" spelling mistake
> earlier, so will you now be courteous in return and thank me for correcting
> your oversight when attempting to disprove Beach Runner's inaccurate
> statement, when you neglected to post the pertinent quote?

No, it would be useful for vegans to discuss how to eat a healthy vegan
diet. I've shown that I can raise superior children, and as an AARP
member can outperform most folks half my age. I'd be glad to go into
specifics.

A vegan diet can easily be unhealthy. It's easier to eat a healthy
vegetarian diet than a typical American meat oriented, junk food diet.

> -TW
>
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>The **** wrote:

It's not hard at all. Avoid junk food and empty calories. Know what you
are eating.