The What

"The What" wrote:
> > Opps!

"usual suspect" wrote:
> You mean "oops."

---------------
Oops yes, you are absolutely right! Thank you for correcting my mistake.
When someone makes a mistake, it's nice if they show their appreciation by
stating "thank you" when someone is good enough to take the time to correct
it, don't you agree? Thanks again for correcting mine...

"The What" wrote:
You forgot to quote this part from the AHA link you provided:

"usual suspect" wrote:
> I didn't forget anything.

-----------
Of course you did, that is if you were attempting to correct the mistake
"Beach Runner" made when stating:

> The Heart Association and Cancer Association say
> that a vegetarian diet is healthier,

To this you (correctly) replied "No, they do not", which is true. But then
instead of quoting what the American Heart Association website actually does
say regarding the health of those on a vegetarian diet as compared to those
on a non-vegetarian diet, you for some reason quoted a relatively unrelated
part which says:

"Vegetarian diets can be healthful and nutritionally sound if
they’re carefully planned to include essential nutrients.
However, a vegetarian diet can be unhealthy if it contains too
many calories and not enough important nutrients."

That's just fine and dandy, but "Beach Runner" wasn't simply discussing how
healthful and nutritionally sound the AHA says a vegetarian diet can be, in
and of itself. The quote you posted would have been much more pertinent if
you had presented it in conjunction with the AHA info which refers to what
"Beach Runner" was actually talking about (in particular, what the AHA
really says regarding how "healthy" a vegetarian diet is compared to a
non-vegetarian diet).

But you neglected to quote what the AHA website actually does say when
"comparing" the two types of diets. So I simply did you a favor and posted
the pertinent AHA quote (repeated below), since it's the one that proves
that what "Beach Runner" stated wasn't accurate. What's so hard to
understand about that?

From the American Heart Association website:
"Many studies have shown that vegetarians seem to have a lower risk of
obesity, coronary heart disease (which causes heart attack), high blood
pressure, diabetes mellitus and some forms of cancer."

I had enough courtesy to thank you for correcting my "oops" spelling mistake
earlier, so will you now be courteous in return and thank me for correcting
your oversight when attempting to disprove Beach Runner's inaccurate
statement, when you neglected to post the pertinent quote?

-TW

.. .